New Academic Building
- Monday and Wednesday 11:30 - 1 pm or by appointment
- Introduction to Microeconomics
- Introduction to Macroeconomics
- Health Economics
- Food and Wine Economics
- Ph.D. University of Minnesota, USA 2010
- M.A. University of Minnesota, USA 2007
- B.A. University of Western Ontario, Canada 2001
- International Baccalaureate United World College of the Adriatic, Italy 1998
- Health (Economic of Obesity), Labor, Economics Education and Economics of Education
Select publications & presentations:
Dolar, V. (2017). What Does the Minimum Wage Do? [Review of the book What Does the Minimum Wage Do?, by D. Belman and P. J. Wolfson]. Eastern Economic Journal, 43(3), 560-562.
PUBLICATIONS: Peer Reviewed
- Gucwa, A., Dolar, V., & Epstein, S., Ye, C., (2016). Correlations between Quality Ratings of Skilled Nursing Facilities and Multi-Drug Resistant Urinary Tract Infections, American Journal of Infection Control, 44(1), 1256-1260.
- Dolar, V. (2016). Are we Teaching Outside the Box? A National Survey on Teaching Minimum Wage in Undergraduate Economics Classes, Forum for Social Economics.
- Pu, Y., Dolar V., & Gucwa, A. (2016). A Comparative Analysis of Vaccine Administration in Urban and Non-urban Skilled Nursing Facilities, BMC Geriatrics, 16(148).
- Isoldi, K., & Dolar V. (2016). Cooking Up Energy®: Improvements Following Participation in an Afterschool Cooking and Nutrition Education Program, American Journal of Health Behavior, 40(5), 634-644.
- Buttet, S., & Dolar, V. (2015). Toward a Quantitative Theory of Food Consumption Choices and Body Weight. Economics & Human Biology, 17, 143-156.
- Buttet, S., & Dolar, V. (2015). The Price of One Sweet Calorie. International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics, 3(4), 1-14.
- Isoldi, K., & Dolar, V. (2015). Blending Better Beverage Choices: A Nutrition Education and Experiential Workshop for Youths. Journal of Obesity.
- Buttet, S., & Dolar, V. (2015). Engines of Liberation Redux when the Price of Home Appliances Is Endogenous. Journal of Labour Market Research, 48(1), 27-40.
- Buttet, S., & Dolar, V. (2014). Design and Use of Rubrics in Undergraduate Economics Classes. Perspectives on Economic Education Research, 9(1), 36-55.
- Isoldi, K., Hayman, L., & Dolar, V. (2014). Policy Regulation of Classroom Celebrations: Parental Perspectives. Health Behavior and Policy Review, 1(5), 362-372.
- Isoldi, K., Calderon, O., & Dolar V. (2014). Cooking Up Energy®: Response to a Youth-Focused Afterschool Cooking and Nutrition Education Program. Topics in Clinical Nutrition, 29(2), 123-131.
- Dolar, V. (2013). The Treatment of Minimum Wage in Undergraduate Economics Textbooks Revisited. International Journal of Pluralism and Economics Education, 4(2), 157-182.
- American Economic Association Annual Meeting, CA, January 4, 2016
- City University of New York, NY, April 28, 2015.
- New York University, NY, November 15, 2014.
- New York State Economics Association Meeting, NY, October 11, 2014.
- American Economic Association Annual Meeting, PA, January 4, 2014
- Davidson College, NC, February 3, 2011.
- Southeastern Health Economics Study Group, GA, October 2010.
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, MN, April 2010
- Western Economic Association International, Vancouver, Canada, July 2009.
- Youngstown State University, OH, April 30, 2009.
- Midwest Economics Association Annual Meeting, Cleveland, OH, March 20, 2009.
- Case Western Reserve University, OH, Lunch Economics Seminar Series, December 16, 2008.
- Cleveland State University, OH, Northeast Ohio Economics Workshop, November 1, 2008.
- University of Minnesota, MN, Applied Economics Seminar, October 2, 2008.
- The University of Akron, OH, Economics Seminar Series, September 18, 2008.
- Cleveland State University, OH, Economics Seminar Series, April 10, 2008.