New Academic Building
- Tuesdays-Thursdays: 10:15-11:15am and 2:30-3:00pm
- PE 2650 Intro to US Politics (2 sections)
- PE 4658 Law and Civil Liberties--net
- PE 2650 Intro to US Politics--hybrid
- PE 4659 Law and Civil Rights--hybrid
- HI 6520 US Constitutional and Political History
- Ph.D., New York University, New York, NY
- M.A., New York University, New York, NY
- B.A., Fordham University, Bronx, NY
Politics of gender and sexuality; Civil rights and civil liberties; Politics of popular culture
Select publications & presentations:
- “The Broke Back Test: A Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis of Portrayals of Women in Mainstream Superhero Comics, 1993-2013.” 2014. Journal of Graphic Novels and Comics Vol. 5, No. 4 (October): 411-428.
- "Re-Booting Barbara Gordon: Oracle, Batgirl, and Feminist Disability Theories." ImageText Vol. 4, No. 4
- “Negotiating the Third Wave of Feminism in Wonder Woman.” 2014. PS: Political Science and Politics Vol. 47, No. 1 (January): 98-103.
- “Youth Voices for Change: Building Political Efficacy and Civic Engagement through Digital Media Literacy.” 2013. Journal of Digital and Media Literacy Vol. 1, No. 1 (Spring): N.p. [With Steven Goodman].
- Superwomen: Gender, Power, and Representation. 2016. Bloomsbury.
- Adolescent Sexuality. 2006. Westport, CT: Praeger. [editor]
- Jailbait: The Politics of Statutory Rape Laws in the United States. 2004. Albany, NY: State University of New York Press. [author]