New Academic Building
- Assessment and Culture for Teachers of Spanish | Online graduate course
- Methods and Materials for Teaching Spanish | Undergraduate & Graduate
- Literacy, Research & Technology – Spanish | Hybrid graduate course
- Research Methods in Educational Settings | Graduate course
- Thesis Research in Educational Settings | Graduate course
- Student Teaching Seminar & Supervision – Spanish | Undergraduate & Graduate
- Spanish I (Novice Level) | Undergraduate course
- Ph.D in Foreign Language Education, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, May 2014
- Graduate Certificate in Mixed Methods Research, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, May 2013
- M.A. in Education with Spanish Specialization, University of Nebraska-Kearney, May 2009
- B.S. in Industrial Design, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana – Bogotá, Colombia, September 2000
- Second language acquisition
- Language teaching methods
- Instructional technology
- Teacher professional development
- Heritage speakers
- Mixed methods research
Select publications & presentations:
- Bustamante, C. (Forthcoming). TPACK and teachers of Spanish: Development of a theory-based joint display in a mixed methods research case study. Journal of Mixed Methods Research.
- Miller, D. & Bustamante, C. (2016). Drawing mixed methods procedural diagrams. In A.J. Moeller, J.W. Creswell & N. Saville (Eds.), Second language assessment and mixed methods research (Studies in language testing). 84-118. Cambridge University Press.
- Bustamante, C. & Moeller, A. (2013). The convergence of content, pedagogy, and technology in online professional development for teachers of German. CALICO Journal, 30(1), 82-104.
- Bustamante, C. (February, 2017). Moving Beginner Learners from Interpretive to Interpersonal Communication Using Graphic Organizers. Northeast Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Languages. New York, NY.
- Bustamante, C. (October, 2016). Poster Session for Pre-service WL Teachers. New York State Association of Foreign Language Teachers Conference. Syracuse, NY.
- Bustamante, C. & Moeller, A. (September, 2015). Developing a learning community in online teacher professional development: A qualitative case study. 5th Annual International Conference on Education & e-Learning. Bangkok, Thailand.
- Bustamante, C. (April, 2015). Professional Development on Web 2.0 for Teachers of Spanish: A Mixed Methods Case Study. American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Meeting. Chicago, IL.
- Bustamante, C., & García, K. (November, 2014). Analysis of Cajas de cartón and Senderos fronterizos Using Web 2.0. American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages Conference. San Antonio, TX.