The Old Westbury College Foundation, Inc. at its December 2018 meeting elected eight new members to its Board of Trustees. The new members are:
- Nora Bassett, a local management training consultant.
- Gary Casimir, a 1988 SUNY Old Westbury graduate and partner in the law firm of McGivney Kluger & Cook, P.C.
- Lawrence Chariton, owner of Great American Jewelry.
- Steven Connolly, a 1988 SUNY Old Westbury graduate and president and CEO of Co-Source Solutions, Inc.
- Monique Darrisaw-Akil, assistant superintendent of secondary education, programs and policy for the Brentwood Union Free School District.
- Thomas S. Gulotta, special counsel for the law firm of Albanese & Albanese, LLP.
- Luis F. Ras, founder and owner of the law firm RAS Associates, PLLC.
- Joseph P. Sheehan, a 1999 SUNY Old Westbury graduate and owner and president of Colony Pest Management, Inc.
Established in 1968, The Old Westbury College Foundation, Inc., is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to assisting the State University of New York at Old Westbury in becoming the flagship arts and sciences college in the state system. Directed by a board of distinguished business, civic and academic leaders, the Foundation solicits gifts, grants and endowments that enhance the educational, research and community service mission of the College.
Funds raised through foundation-managed events, solicitations, and real estate dealings help bridge the gap between tuition and operating expenses at SUNY Old Westbury, and ensure that Old Westbury students have the best educational experience possible.