Do Your Part to "Defend the Den!"
Understanding whether and how COVID-19 is impacting our campus must be a priority for all members of our community. As we collectively “Defend the Den” against this Coronavirus, we will show each other, and the greater Long Island community, that SUNY Old Westbury is committed to providing a healthy, safe and productive educational environment for all who study and work here.
Take part in testing to help stop the spread of COVID-19!
January 2021 Testing Dates
- Tuesday, January 5
- Wednesday, January 6
- Monday, January 11
- Thursday, January 14
- Tuesday, January 19
- Wednesday, January 20
- Monday, January 25
- Thursday, January 28
Testing takes place from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. on each of the days above in the Student Health Center.
- The College will seek to test 50% of students who visit campus for classes each week of the semester.
- Effective November 8 and through November 18, ALL STUDENTS attending classes will be required to undergo testing as per the new SUNY Testing Policy for Departing Campus in Fall 2020.
- Students' insurance companies will be asked to cover the cost of lab analysis, so students are advised to bring their College ID and insurance card with them any time they come to campus.
For Faculty and Staff
- All faculty and staff are urged to undergo testing multiple times during the semester. SUNY has established MOUs with CSEA, PBANYS, PEF and UUP to outline agreed upon procedures and requirements so please check with the local leadership of your bargaining unit for details.
- Your insurance company will be asked to cover the cost of lab analysis, so please bring your College ID and insurance card with you any time you come to campus.