Last updated on March 29, 2020
- In keeping with the previously announced directives by New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo, all non-essential employees of SUNY Old Westbury are not to report to work between until April 15 and are asked to work from home to the extent they can do so. As these are absences directed by the Governor, no accruals will be charged for this time.
- Those who are essential to campus operations and must report to work during this period include: University Police, campus heat plant personnel, maintenance and facilities directors and assistant directors, student health services, Office of Residential Life supervisors, residence hall directors, and members of the President's Cabinet.
- Others who are deemed essential to the ongoing operational needs of the college and its response to the COVID-19 situation will be informed by their supervisors directly as to their need to report when and if such a need arises.
- If an employee is directed, as a result of an order from a public health official, to isolate themselves because of an association with an active COVID-19 case, said employee will be paid, as announced by Governor Cuomo on Wednesday, March 11, 2020. The campus will work with any employee to whom this may apply to determine necessary next steps.
- If an employee shows the symptoms related to COVID-19 (fever, difficulty breathing, cough and other respiratory issue) he or she must report it to his or her supervisor and the Office of Human Resources immediately. If said employee is at work, they should go home immediately. If already at home, the employee should remain at home. The Employee Testing and Evaluation Protocols for COVID-19 released by the Office of the Governor provide the guidance for such a situation.
- The college has canceled all campus-sponsored events and activities through May 8, 2020. This includes all intercollegiate athletic practices and contests for the entirety of the spring 2020 semester. Event organizers, including campus sponsors of external groups, are responsible for informing guests and attendees that their event has been cancelled. If you have a question about an event you have planned, please make an inquiry through your supervisor to the divisional unit head responsible for your function.