2021-22 RESIDENT ASSISTANT SELECTION PROCESS
Resident Assistants possess strong leadership skills and a commitment to building quality relationships in not only their residential community, but all across the Old Westbury campus. RAs play an integral part in the overall operation of the residence halls. Primarily, the RA is concerned with the growth and development of each individual in their wing and the building community as a whole. Additionally, RAs are continually striving to enhance the quality of life for their residents. This includes planning programs, promoting diversity and inclusion, assisting with personal and professional growth, and most importantly enjoying their time at SUNY Old Westbury. It’s a fun and rewarding job with many benefits.
Why Apply to be an RA? - A Video with Our RAs
Who can tell you more about why you should apply to be an RA than those student leaders who have actually been in the role! Check out the link below to hear from some exceptional student leaders who have worked as Resident Assistants and helped build community in our halls!
- Full time status (12 credits or more) as a student at SUNY Old Westbury
- 2.5 or greater semester and cumulative SUNY Old Westbury GPA
- Must complete 1 full-time semester at SUNY Old Westbury prior to commencement of the RA position
- Must be in good disciplinary & financial standing with SUNY Old Westbury
- May not hold an executive board position in SGA and RHA during their employment as an RA
- Students who will be in their final year of student teaching are not eligible to apply for the position.
Important Notes:To receive an application you MUST ATTEND ONE OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION SESSIONS:
- Feb 9th - MS Teams at 2:30pm
- Feb 11th - MS Teams at 8:30pm
- Feb 18th - MS Teams at 3:00pm
- Feb 22nd - MS Teams at 2:30pm
- MArch 3rd - MS Teams at 8pm
- Match 5th - MS Teams at 2:30pm
Virtual Information Session Video on Youtube -
How to Apply
|APPLICATION||The application will be given to you at the information session. Please read it completely through. You will have to complete the entire MS Form Application. Please submit all materials through this form on MS Teams.|
|⇒||RESUME||Please submit a current resume with your application. Consider making an appointment with the Career Planning and Development office!|
|⇒||INTERVIEWS||There will be a TWO-PART interview process.
**Please remember that the dress code for both interviews is Business Casual
|⇒||IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES||