Winter Orientation (for Spring 2021 Start)
Due to COVID-19 our Transfer Orientation Program will remain a half-day, live virtual program. Details on how to register will be sent to the email that was on your admissions application beginning on November 2, 2020. Registration for orientation can only occur if you have paid your tuition deposit. In order to pay your deposit, see the instructions below. All confirmation emails will ONLY be sent to your SUNY Old Westbury email address ONLY. Once you have registered for orientation, you will also be contacted by advisement via your Old Westbury email. Please note that the advisement timeline of November 30-December 18 applies to students who are attending the December session only. January session attendees will be advised AFTER December 18, 2020.
Attendance is required for all students who seek a transfer to Old Westbury. Transfer Orientation is comprised of a half-day orientation, a meeting with your academic/faculty advisor and an online Blackboard course.
- December 18, 2020: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- January 6, 2021: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- January 20, 2021: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1:00-4:30 p.m.
Transfer Orientation and Registration Checklist
Before you attend Transfer Orientation, use the following checklist:
- Register for the REQUIRED Transfer Orientation and Registration Program. For additional information on this process, visit our FAQ’s page. You will only be able to register for your classes by attending Transfer Orientation.
- Submit your Immunization Form, completed by a health care provider, and send it to the Office of Student Health Services, PO Box 210, Old Westbury, NY 11568 or fax it to 516-876-3142. You can also email your form to studenthealth [at] oldwestbury.edu. Call Student Health Services with questions at 516-876-3250. This will need to be submitted and accepted before you can register for classes.
- Financial Aid - If you have applied for financial aid (this includes Direct Student Loans), you must check to make sure that your status is complete. Call 516-876-3222. You can also e-mail Financial Aid at financialaid [at] oldwestbury.edu
- Bursar – Check your portal for the deadline posting!!! If you do not make your payment by the deadline, you risk having your courses and, if you choose to reside on campus, your housing dropped. You will not receive a paper bill. To access and pay your account, go to the ConnectOW Portal. Your user name is the initial/name/# portion of your Old Westbury e-mail that was included in your admission letter and admissions e-mail. Your password, to start, is your birthdate (mmddyy). You will need your Student ID (700# - also found in your admission letter) to access your account. If you have difficulty logging on, call 516-876-2740 or x2741.
- On-Campus Housing - If you are requesting housing on campus, include an additional check for $50 (made out to SUNY Old Westbury and submitted to the Office of the Bursar) and complete the Application for On-Campus Housing (included in your Admissions Acceptance Packet). Our residence halls fill up quickly, so send this deposit in as soon as you decide to enroll. Please note that it is the student’s responsibility to clear their Bursar account. Outstanding Bursar accounts can result in the loss of your housing. Please contact Residential Life at 516-876-3210 with any questions about on-campus housing.
- Transcripts – Prior to attending Transfer Orientation, submit your official transcript of all previous institutions attended and proof of high school graduation. Proof of high school graduation is required, regardless of obtaining an Associate's Degree! Please select the PDF option to make articulation as quick as possible for you!