Fraternity & Sorority Life on campus offers a variety of ways to meet new people, become active on campus, and serve the campus and greater community. Fraternities and Sororities were founded on the ideals of leadership, scholarship, service, and friendship and our community provides a great balance of social networking, community service, and personal development possibilities.
At Old Westbury, we offer a diverse mix of fraternities and sororities with the hopes that everyone who wants to join a group finds one that closely matches his or her values and personality. While our groups support different philanthropies and causes, and have different histories and traditions, all of our organizations exist to make men better men and women better women through fostering the ideals of unity, respect, scholarship, service and leadership.
After much thought and assessment of our current Fraternity & Sorority Community, the Center for Student Leadership & Involvement has decided to put in place a moratorium on expansion of new and former organizations. This will be in place for at least the academic year of 2019-2020 and we encourage any interested groups to please contact our department after May 20, 2020 for an update on this status.
- alphaphialpha [at] oldwestbury.edu (Alpha Phi Alpha) - ΑΦΑ
- lambdasigmaupsilon [at] oldwestbury.edu (Lambda Sigma Upsilon)
- kappaalphapsi [at] oldwestbury.edu (Kappa Alpha Psi)
- KappaSigma [at] oldwestbury.edu (Kappa Sigma)
- malik [at] oldwestbury.edu (MALIK)
- IotaPhiTheta [at] oldwestbury.edu (Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc.) - IΦΘ
- OmegaPsiPhi [at] oldwestbury.edu (Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.) - ΩΨΦ
- SigmaIotaAlpha [at] oldwestbury.edu (Hermandad de Sigma Iota Alpha) - ΣΙA
- deltasigmatheta [at] oldwestbury.edu (Delta Sigma Theta)
- musigmaupsilon [at] oldwestbury.edu (Mu Sigma Upsilon)
- SigmaGammaRho [at] oldwestbury.edu (Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.) - ΣΓP
- ZetaPhiBeta [at] oldwestbury.edu (Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.) - ZΦB
We would like to advise all students, parents and guardians that there are groups NOT recognized by the College. You should not affiliate with any unrecognized Fraternities, Sororities, or other student organizations. SUNY College at Old Westbury does not advise or control the actions of any unrecognized groups. Unrecognized organizations are not permitted to recruit, hold events, or induct new members. Some of the unrecognized groups are listed below.
|Omega Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.||Betas|
|Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity||TKE, teke|
|Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.||Sigma|
|Phi Iota Alpha Fraternity, Inc.||Phiota, Phi-A|
|Gamma Sigma Zeta Fraternity||GSZ|
|Sigma Delta Phi Epsilon, Inc.||SDPhiE|
|Alpha Kappa Alpha||AKAs|