"Good plans shape good decisions. That's why good planning helps to make elusive dreams come true."
- - Lester R. Bittel, The Nine Master Keys of Management
The Office of Career Planning & Development is here to help students, alumni, and parents with all aspects of the career planning, process including self-assessment, career exploration, career experience and job search or graduate school planning.
Announcements and Reminders
- The Office of Career Planning & Development (CPD) is excited to announce its new career management tool, Panther Career Link. This will replace the weekly RAVE alerts consisting of incoming job and internship opportunities, as well as our Events and Opportunities webpage. This new platform will also add many additional features that will benefit our students and even employers. To create your account, visit the Panther Career Link site now.
Interview Stream is at Old Westbury! The software allows students to select from more than 7,000 standard or industry-specific interview questions, receive on-demand interview advice, and see and hear themselves as they practice their responses. For more information about Interview Stream, please visit the CPD office.
- SUNY Internshop - InternShop, a partnership between The New York State Business Council and SUNY, is a Software as a Service platform that matches employers with interns across the state. This is a one-stop platform for employers to engage with all 64 SUNY campuses to share meaningful and relevant paid internship opportunities. Learn more about Internshop and create your account. **Students seeking academic credit for an internship experience should contact their academic department.
- Monday, Friday: 8:30 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8:30 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
Office of Career Planning & Development
Location: Student Union - Suite 301