Honors College courses are not “additional” courses. They are courses necessary to complete your degree goals at SUNY Old Westbury.
To remain in the Honors College, students must do the following:
- Maintain an overall G.P.A. of a 3.5
- Freshmen complete 26 credits of Honors College requirements: 5 courses, an internship, or guided research, or study abroad experience. Only one of these three experiential learning opportunities is required.
- Be a full-time student (minimum of 12 credits per semester)
- Participate in Honors College activities
- Be an upstanding citizen of SUNY Old Westbury, acting in accordance with the College’s Mission Statement and its Code for Student Conduct.