This article provides step-by-step instructions on how to sign up for the Emergency Alert Contact Information service provided by NY-Alert.
This service will verify your identity and enable you will be able to use the Password & Account Management Portal's automated password reset tool in combination with your cell phone's text messaging service (SMS) in order to reset your OLDWESTBURY domain account's password.
- Visit the College portal: connect.oldwestbury.edu
- Click "Emergency Alert Contact Information (Click NY-Alert on page)"; then click "Emergency Alert Contact Information (NY-ALERT)" and fill out form.
- For Faculty, it is under "Faculty Tools"
- For Staff, it is under "Quik Links"
- Provide the requested information in full and click “Continue” at each prompt. The fields on this page must be completed fully for your registration in the SUNY NY-Alert system to be activated. Please be sure to give a phone number for BOTH voice messages and text messages
- Verify that the information is correct and click "REGISTER ME WITH NY-ALERT" or "SUBMIT" button