SUNY Old Westbury hosts an annual Student Research Day each spring. Through oral, poster, media and art presentations or exhibits, students showcase the results of their research and creativity. These academic and artistic achievements represent the effort of in-class assignments and out-of-class experiences conducted with faculty. More than 100 students participate in Student Research Day each year.
The 11th annual Student Research Day will be Tuesday, April 16th. This year's theme is "Research for Change." At 1 p.m., Dr. Faye Ginsburg will be giving the keynote address. Dr. Ginsburg is a visual anthropologist who studies and works with cultural activists in contemporary social movements, such as exploring cultural meanings of indigenous media, and disability rights activism.
The general schedule is below:
- 9:40 a.m. to 11:10 a.m. Oral Presentations Session I
- 11:20 a.m. to 12:50 a.m. Oral Presentations Session II
- 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Keynote Speaker, Dr. Faye Ginsburg
- 2:30 p.m. to 3:40 p.m. Art and Poster Sessions/Lunch
- 3:50 p.m. to 5:20 p.m. Oral Presentations Session III
- 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Oral Presentations Session IV