Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - 11:00am to 7:00pm
Student Union Multipurpose Rooms
SUNY Old Westbury hosts an annual Student Research Day each spring. Through oral, poster, media and art presentations or exhibits, students showcase the results of their research and creativity. These academic and artistic achievements represent the effort of in-class assignments and out-of-class experiences conducted with faculty. More than 100 students participate in Student Research Day each year.
The 10th Annual Student Research Day is on Tuesday, April 17th from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm in the Student Union MPRs. This year's theme is Motion and Movement. At 1 pm, Dr. Sylvester J. Gates will be giving the keynote address. Dr. Gates is a world-renowned theoretical physicist, researching superstring theory, supergravity and supersymmetry.
The general schedule is below:
- 11:20am to 12:50am Oral Presentations Session I
- 1pm to 2:30pm Keynote Speaker, Dr. Sylvester Gates
- 2:30pm to 3:40pm Art and Poster Sessions/Lunch
- 3:50pm to 5:20pm Oral Presentations Session II
- 5:30pm to 7:00pm Oral Presentations Session III