Old Westbury pair among 213 statewide earn highest student honor presented by university system for excellence in the classroom and leadership on campus and in the community.
Through its Politics, Economics & Law Department, SUNY Old Westbury encourages its students to prepare for the global economies of today by developing both national and international perspectives on the impacts on everyday life that occur through the disciplines of political science, political economy and economics.
Students at Old Westbury can study towards the following degrees:
- B.A. in Politics, Economics & Law
- B.A. in Industrial & Labor Relations
- B.S. in Industrial & Labor Relations
PEL students are encouraged to gain practical experience by undertaking an internship as part of their course of study. Among the internships students have successfully completed are:
- Washington Semester Internship
- New York State Senate and Assembly
- Office of the County District Attorney
- New York City Summer Internship
- County Legislature
- Political Campaigns – U.S. Senate to County Legislature
- New York Public Interest Research Group
- Private Law and Financial Firms
- Nonprofit Organizations