The Office of Payroll processes the College's administrative, student assistants and work study payrolls in accordance with SUNY's and the Office of the State Comptrollers' rules and regulations. The Payroll Office works closely with the College's Office of Human Resources in coordinating payroll transactions and job related information. Please refer to Payroll Schedules in the Resources section of this website for submission deadlines and pay dates.

As a new employee, the Payroll staff will enter and activate your payroll status in the State Payroll System. They will make sure that all necessary forms are collected and proper designations are made. As an existing employee, the Payroll staff will monitor your data and keep up to date with any changes that occur to your employee status.

Paychecks for most full-time employees are processed on an annual salary basis, paid bi-weekly, and distributed on alternate Wednesdays. Most employees use Direct Deposit and have their earnings sent directly to their bank. For those employees without Direct Deposit, checks are available for pick up in the Bursar’s Office, Campus Center, Room 100-B, at 10:00 am each pay day. Paychecks for College Work Study and Student Assistant employees are also paid bi-weekly and distributed on alternate Thursdays. Checks can be picked up at the Bursar’s office at 3:00 pm the afternoon before the Thursday pay date. If at any time you wish to change your payroll withholding deductions, please contact the Payroll Office.

The Payroll staff also processes Extra Service payments. Prior approval is required before starting the assignment and an Extra Service Approval Form (UP-8) should be completed. There are restrictions on the amount an individual can earn on Extra Service. For faculty, the limitation is 20 percent of base salary for the academic year and an additional 20 percent over the summer. For Professional Staff, the limit is 20 percent of base salary for the calendar year.

Overtime must be authorized by appropriate supervisory and management personnel. Guidelines that govern meal reimbursement in acceptable overtime situations are union-specific and can be found in your contract. For more information, contact your supervisor or union representative.

Common forms and additional information can be found in the Resources section of this website or requested via email to payroll [at]

Contact Us

Campus Center, Room: H-310G
Phone: (516) 876-3259

Hours of Operation:

Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.