Where to Assemble:
- Arrive at Nassau Veterans Coliseum no later than 8 a.m.
- Upon arrival you will be directed to the lower level to prepare for the processional. At that time you will receive a name card to complete. This card will be used to have your name announced as you cross the stage. Guests are not permitted to the lower level.
- Since the processional will be organized by Schools and then Academic Departments, find your department sign and classmates and await instructions from staff.
- Please be certain to place the tassel of your cap on the right side before the processional.
- Old Westbury staff ushers will direct members of the procession to their seats.
- Please remain standing when you reach your seat.
- Please do not leave a seat empty.
Proceeding to the Stage:
- Graduates will STAND by academic department and led to the stage by their department marshal and Old Westbury staff ushers.
- Graduates will hand their name card to the reader for announcement; each student will be announced individually.
- The President will congratulate each graduate.
- Graduates will cross the stage, descend the platform, have a professional photograph taken, and return to their seats as directed by Old Westbury staff ushers.
- Only candidates are permitted to ascend the stage.
Conferral of Degrees:
- When all have been introduced and have returned to their seats, graduates will be asked to stand.
- At this time the President will confer degrees.
- All graduates will move their cap tassels from the RIGHT to the LEFT side and be seated.