A. Spanish Content Requirements
Candidates must complete all requirements for one of the options of the BA degree in Spanish Language, Hispanic Literature and Culture. (See sections B, C, and D here)
B. General Education Courses
Students must complete requirements of the Old Westbury General Education program.
C. Education Core Courses
- ED3742 Middle Childhood & Adolescence
- ED3900 Foundations of Education
- ED4000 Foundations of Special Education
- ED4230 Reading Across the Curriculum
- ED4231 Reading Practicum
- ED4083 Methods and Materials of Teaching Spanish in Secondary School
- ED5890 Pre-teaching Practicum & Seminar
- ED5900 Student Teaching & Seminar in Adolescence Education (grades 7-12)
D. Special Requirements
Candidates must earn a grade of C+ or higher in all required courses for the degree, whether taken at Old Westbury or elsewhere. Candidates must complete the Oral Proficiency Interview exam prior to completing the program. See the Spanish Education Coordinator for further details.