A. Chemistry Content Requirements
Candidates must complete all requirements for the B.S. in Chemistry.
B. Liberal Education Courses
Students must complete all requirements of the Liberal Education Curriculum program.
C. Education Core Courses
- CP2050 The Nature and Development of Science
- ED3742 Middle Childhood & Adolescence
- ED4000 Foundations of Special Education
- ED3900 Foundations of Education
- ED4085 Methods and Materials of Teaching Science in Secondary School
- ED4230 Reading Across the Curriculum
- ED4231 Reading Practicum
- ED5890 Pre-teaching Practicum & Seminar
- ED5900 Student Teaching & Seminar in Adolescence Education (grades 7-12)
D. Other Requirements
Candidates must earn a grade of C- or higher in all required courses for the degree, whether taken at Old Westbury or elsewhere.