New Academic Building
M/W, 2:40-3:40 pm, and by appointment
- Spring 2015
- SY 4520 Research Methods I
- SY 4530 Sociological Threory I
- Fall 2015
- SY 4570 Research Methods II
- SY 2999 Science, Religion and Knowledge
- Stony Brook University, Ph.D. in Sociology
- Stony Brook University, M.A. in Sociology
- Stony Brook University, B.A. in History
- Historical-Comparative Sociology
- Research Methodology
- Narratives, Rumors and Contemporary Legends
- Sociology of Science & Medicine
- Higher Education
Publications & presentations:
- Heller, Jacob. 2015. "Rumors and Realities: Making Sense of HIV/AIDS Conspiracy Narratives and Contemporary Legends." American Journal of Public Health Vol 105, No. 1, e44-50.
- Heller, Jacob. 2011. Review of The Global Grapevine: Why Rumors of Terrorism, Immigration, and Trade Matter, by Gary Alan Fine and Bill Ellis, in Social Forces; doi: 10.1093/sf/sor039.
- Heller, Jacob. 2010. “The Social History of Vaccines,” in Controversies in Science and Technology, Vol. III (ed. by Daniel Kleinman, Jason Delborne, Karen Cloud-Hansen, and Jo Handelsman). Madison WI: University of Wisconsin Press, pp. 21-31.
- Heller, Jacob. “Should I Stay or Should I Go Now? Students Who Leave College,” Eastern Sociological Society 85th Annual Meeting, New York, (February 2015).
- Heller, Jacob. “Teaching 'Emotion Work' Using Poetry,” SSSI, New York, NY, August 2013.