New Academic Building
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 1:30pm-3:30pm
- CR 3094 Drugs & Society
- CR 4550 Theories of Crime
- Ph.D., University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Amherst, MA
- The Sociology of Music
- Social Deviance
- Historical and Comparative Sociology
- Culture and Popular Cultural Studies
Publications & presentations:
- "Painful Listening: The Musical Noise and Cultural Transcendence of Southern Italian Tarantism". In 'Music Sociology: An Introduction to the Role of Music in Social Life.' Edited by Sara Towe Horsfall, Jan-Martijn Meij, and Meghan Probstfield. Paradigm Publishers. September 2013.
- "Remixing the Music of the Spheres: Listening to the Relevance of an Ancient Doctrine for the Sociology of Music." In International Review of Aesthetics and the Sociology of Music. 42/1, June 2011.
- “'The Spider Is Alive': Reassessing Becker’s Theory of Artistic Conventions through Southern Italian Music." Published in Symbolic Interaction, Volume 32: Issue 3. Fall 2009. Pp. 184 - 206.
- "'A New Kind of English': Cultural Variance, Citizenship, and DiY Politics amongst the Exodus Collective in England." Published in Social Forces, Volume 84: Number 2. December 2005. Pp. 803 – 820.