The Office of Financial Aid is dedicated to providing quality, personable services to all applicants to assist them in funding their college education. An extensive network of services and resources are offered to help applicants with the financial aid process.
If you are interested in attending but worried about costs, we encourage you to apply for financial aid. More than half of Old Westbury students and their families receive financial assistance in the form of grants, loans, scholarships and student employment.
Even if you do not qualify for federal or state grants, there are additional financing options available that can help you meet our costs. The staff of the Office of Financial Aid is available to answer your questions and to assist you in making Old Westbury an affordable choice.
All financial aid at Old Westbury is administered without discrimination as to sex, race, and religion, national or ethnic origin or sports played. Federal and State laws, regulations and policies governing the administration of these programs are strictly followed.
Dates & Deadlines:
- Effective 2014-2015: To receive financial aid, a student, including an "undecided major," must be in a program of study.
- The deadline to submit financial aid documentation for Summer 2015 is March 27, 2015.
- The 2015-2016 FAFSA deadline is Wednesday, April 15, 2015.
- The last day to submit a loan for Spring 2015 is Friday, May 1, 2015.
Where to find us:
The Office of Financial Aid is located in the Campus Center, Room H-100a, just off the Campus Center Atrium. Regular office hours are as follows:
- Monday-Wednesday, Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. – 6:45 p.m.
- Hints for Parents and Students on Financial Aid, Billing & Payment Procedures
- To complete the 2015/2016 FAFSA form (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) -- Federal Title School Code for Old Westbury: 007109
- To complete the TAP application (Tuition Assistance Plan for New York State Residents) – TAP Code for Old Westbury: 0965
- U.S. Department of Education's College Affordability and Transparency Center Scorecard
Office of Financial Aid
Campus Center, Room H-100a