SUNY College at Old Westbury is participating in SUNY-NY Alert, an emergency information system that sends text messages, e-mail announcements, and automated voice-mail messages to those who wish to receive them in the event an emergency occurs at Old Westbury. All students, faculty and staff are urged to sign up for this system. Follow the directions below to register for SUNY-NY Alert:
- Visit the College portal: my.oldwestbury.edu
- Login to Secure Area.
- Click on either the Student Services or Employee Services tab
- Click on the Banner Self-Service folder
- Within the Banner Self-Service folder, click Emergency Alert Contact Information (NYALERT). For students, the link is within the Personal Information sub-folder
- Click "I would like to register for this service now and receive any alerts sent to the campus community."
- Provide the requested information in full and click “Continue” at each prompt. The fields on this page must be completed fully for your registration in the SUNY NY-Alert system to be activated. Please be sure to give a phone number for BOTH voice messages and text messages
- Verify that the information is correct and click "REGISTER ME WITH NY-ALERT" button
All students who enroll in SUNY-NY Alert are automatically enrolled in RaveAlert. RaveAlert will be used to announce class cancellations and other important campus information and deadlines via email, automated phone calls, and text messages. RaveAlert is also available for all campus offices and organizations for the creation of groups to which members of the community can subscribe. All campus users can login in to RaveAlert using their Panther Password. To login to RaveAlert, visit www.getrave.com/login/oldwestbury.