Through its internship program, the Media & Communications program places
students at newspapers, magazines, television outlets, and radio stations where
they apply techniques and concepts learned in the classroom in the real-world
With the College's proximity to Long Island's commercial centers
and metropolitan New York City, students have the advantage of identifying
the experience that best suits their talents and goals. Here's just a
short list of some of the places where Old Westbury Media & Communications
students have recently interned:
- ABC News, New York, N.Y.
- Anton Community Newspapers, Mineola, N.Y.
- Automobile Club of New York, Garden
- Fox News Channel, New York, N.Y.
- MTV, New York, N.Y.
- MWW Group, New York, N.Y.
- New York Mets, Flushing, N.Y.
- News 12 Long Island, Bethpage, N.Y.
- Newsday, Melville, N.Y.
- Sony Music Distribution, New York, N.Y.
- Suffolk Life Newspapers, Riverhead,
- USA Network, New York, N.Y.
For more information on internships available to American Studies and Media & Communications
majors, contact Professor Karl Grossman, Academic Village B-321, (516) 876-3107,