Under general policies determined by the SUNY Board of Trustees, the College Council reviews all major plans of the College which are generally defined to include, among others, plans for appraisal or improvement of faculty and other personnel; expansion of institutional plants; and appraisal or improvement of student activities and housing.
Additionally, the College Council passes regulations governing the care, custody, and management of lands, grounds, buildings, and equipment; reviews budget requests; fosters the development of citizen advisory committees; names buildings; passes regulations governing the conduct and behavior of students; prescribes, submits and exercises supervision over student housing and safety; recommends to the Board of Trustees candidates for appointment as President of the College; and performs such other duties as may be authorized or required by the Board of Trustees.
The current members of the Old Westbury College Council are:
- Dr. Gary I. Wadler, Chair
- Mr. Louis J. Deitz
- Dr. Debra Handel
- Mr. William A. Hohauser
- Mr. Edward Ihne
- Dr. Mario B. Mignone
- Mr. Scott D. Reich
- Student Representative
The College Council of SUNY College at Old Westbury meets four times a year. All meetings of the College Council are open to the public and minutes of meetings are made available shortly after each meeting concludes.
- Friday, October 11, 2013, 10:30 a.m. – Student Union, MPR C (Meeting Minutes - PDF)
- Friday, December 6, 2013, 10:30 a.m. – Academic Building, Rm. 1100B (Meeting Minutes - PDF)
- Friday, February 7, 2014, 10:30 a.m. - Student Union, MPR C (Meeting Minutes - PDF)
- Friday, April 11, 2014, 10:30 a.m. – Academic Building, Rm. 1100B