As a College with one of the most diverse student bodies within the Northeastern
United States, Old Westbury is proud to include among its undergraduate student
body citizens from more than 20 countries and welcomes applications from other
international students who can add to the rich mixture of ethnicities and cultures
currently represented on campus.
Old Westbury welcomes applications from international students who have completed
secondary education and are eligible to enroll in a university level program.
A completed international application packet includes the following:
- FSA-1 Personal Data Form (SUNY International Undergraduate Application)
- FSA-2 Autobiographical Essay
- FSA-4 Foreign Student Financial Statement
(certified by a bank official)
- Official secondary school transcripts, marksheets,
or official examination results and an official diploma or certificate
- Official University or Post secondary transcripts from the institution
- All postsecondary academic credentials must be evaluated by AACRAO,
WES or ECE. Secondary academic credentials may also require an official
evaluation from one of the above evaluation services.
- Proof of English proficiency: TOEFL, iTEP, IELTS scores or an official
college transcript reflecting completion of English Composition I from an
American college or university.ELS.edu students must send proof of completion
of English 112 or Stony Brook University’s Intensive English Center (IEC)
Level B program.
- Applicants must also demonstrate adequate funding for the length of stay and
meet living expenses.
Recommended application deadlines are March 15th for admission to the fall semester and
December 1st for admission to the spring semester. International applicants
may be processed after this deadline on a space available basis. Accepted students
will receive an acceptance letter and request for a tuition deposit ($50).
Once payment is received, an I-20 will be issued.