The Writing Center employs highly-motivated sophomores, juniors and seniors who:
- enjoy writing and have strong writing skills
- work well with their peers
- are reliable and responsible
- are interested in a learning experience that will enrich their education
Writing Consultant Responsibilities:
- work a minimum of 2 hours per week in a regular shift or shifts each semester
- talk with students about their ideas and drafts and provide strategies for effective writing
- participate in required orientation, staff meetings, and professional development activities
- be eager to continue growing and developing as a consultant
- be punctual and reliable in fulfilling shifts
Benefits of Writing Center Consulting
- Consulting offers students an opportunity to develop leadership, communication, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills.
- Consultants gain experience in real pedagogical situations.
- Consultants often report that their own writing improves.
- Consultants receive an hourly salary.
Interested in applying for a Writing Center position?
Contact the Director, Dr. Jody Cardinal, by phone (516-876-3093), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person in the Writing Center for more information about the application process and deadlines.