Campus and National Speeches
President's Fall Convocation August 2013
Smithsonian African American Museum Groundbreaking
Teachers College 2014 Medal for Distinguished Service
Interviews that Matter April 2014
2014-15 Statements to the Campus
College at Old Westbury Administration
August 27, 2014
As we launch the 2014 – 2015 academic year, I am pleased to begin my 15th year as President of the College at Old Westbury. In so many ways my tenure here has been rewarding. The College has experienced enrollment growth and maintained our diversity while imposing higher selectivity; the faculty has grown in numbers and accomplishments; academic programs have been enriched and expanded and the campus has experienced many capital improvements. These accomplishments are attributable to all who work here and continue to dedicate your services to our community.
I have given much thought to the administrative areas of the College and how we might better operate. I have looked closely at functions and personnel. In doing so, I am pleased to share with you that effective August 28, 2014, the following will be in place:
- The Division of Enrollment Services under the continued leadership of Vice President Mary Marquez Bell will become a direct report to the Division of Academic Affairs.
- Computing Services and Capital Planning will become a direct report to the Division of Business and Finance.
- Ms. Mona Rankin will serve as Chief of Staff.
- Dr. Patrick O’Sullivan will serve as Provost and Senior Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Mr. Len Davis will serve as Senior Vice President of Business and Finance and Chief Financial Officer.
- Mr. Usama Shaikh will serve as Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs.
- Mr. Frank Pizzardi will serve as Director of Admissions.
- Ms. Sarah Taiclet will serves as Associate Director of Admissions.
- Ms. Becky Evans will serve as Assistant Director of Admissions.
I applaud and graciously thank those mentioned above along with the entire faculty and staff for your continued commitment to the College at Old Westbury. I look forward to working with you this 2014 – 2015 academic year.